4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking and Golden monkey safari
4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking and Golden monkey safari takes you to Mgahinga gorilla national park in the south western direction of Uganda on the border with Rwanda and DR Congo. The park is home to Mountain gorillas and golden monkey species with other wild animals that can be spotted on your safari to Mgahinga. You can still do hiking on any of these three volcanoes that is Sabyinyo, Muhavura, and Gahinga or visiting the Batwa trails can also be part of your activity in this park through extending your stay in Mgahinga national park.
Summary of the 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking and Golden monkey safari
- Day 1: Pick up from Kampala
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Day 3: Golden monkey trekking & visiting the Batwa trails
- Day 4: Return to Kampala /Entebbe Airport
Day 1: Pick up from Kampala
- Pick up from Kampala: After morning breakfast at 7:30, our safari driver –guide will pick you up from your hotel to Kampala city of seven hills, the driver will first brief you about the 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking and Golden monkey safari. You will set off the journey to the south western region of Uganda estimating 9 to 10 driving hours, by first meandering on the streets of Kampala connecting to Namirembe Road drive to Masaka road, have your stopover at kayabwe town at the Equator view the experiment carried out, enjoy the photo-taking, visit the craft shop around. Then continue the journey to Mbarara town for lunch en-route.
- After lunch you will drive passing through tea plantations, rolling hills, viewing of the longhorn cattle of Ankole which is rewarding. You will arrive at the park in the late evening check in to the lodge, have restful evening, dinner and overnight stay.
- Accommodation Option: Mt Gahinga lodge –Upmarket, Lake Mulehe Safari lodge –Mid-range, Lake Chahafi Lodge –Budget
Day 2: Gorilla trekking-Mgahinga National Park
- Gorilla trekking: On Day 2 of the 4 days, you wake up early in the morning have breakfast, with your packed lunch boxes, your drive drives you to park’s briefing point to talk about the dos and don’ts of Gorillas trekking. You will meet your guide to lead you to forest trail heads of the gorilla family to trek gorillas. As you’re trekking there is high chances of viewing other species in the forest, a trek that lasts from 30 to 8 hours depending on gorillas location. Once they are located you are given one hour to observe them while learning their lifestyle, behaviors as well as taking photos. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight
Day 3: Golden Monkey trekking
- Golden Monkey trekking: On day 3 of the 4 days Uganda safari, you wake up early in the morning have breakfast with packed lunch, your drive will transfer you to the briefing point where you will meet the ranger to share Golden monkey trekking information with you. After the briefing, you will be led by the ranger to hike up in search of the golden monkeys which are only found in Virunga volcanoes of Mgahinga gorilla national park and you will be joined by the porters to help those in need. You will start searching for them and once they are found,1 hour is given to the trekkers to observe them as they swing on tree branches, feeding. After descent back to the starting point. Then you will connect to Batwa trails which are quite rewarding and interesting as you will meet the Batwa people who survived in the forest with mountain gorillas in harmony during those ancient years, interact with them, enjoy their traditional dances, visit their traditional home stands. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: Return to Kampala city/Entebbe Airport
- Return to Kampala city: On our last day, you will wake up on a lazy morning, have breakfast and delicious snacks, check out of Mgahinga gorilla national park drive back to Kampala. On your way you will have a stopover in Mbarara town for lunch en-route, you will also have a chance to visit the Igongo culture center to encounter in Ankole culture. After proceeding our journey driving to Kampala City to be dropped to your hotel or Entebbe to catch up with your flight.
End of the 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking and Golden monkey safari
- Gorilla trekking permits
- Golden monkey trekking permits
- Full board accommodation
- Bottled water
- Knowledgeable English speaking guide
- 4X4WD safari vehicle
- Park entrance fees
- Air ticket
- Personnel expenses like tips, soft drinks and hard drinks, laundry services, travel insurance.
- Gorilla trekking Tips
- Hiking shoes, energy snack, mineral water bottle, long sleeved trousers, Garden gloves for protection against stinging plants, sweaters, Rain jackets many more to carry with on your gorilla trekking safari to Mgahinga gorilla national park.