5 Days Murchison Falls & Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary safari
5 Days Murchison Falls & Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary safari takes you through Uganda’s largest national park in the northwestern region of the country. Murchison falls national park is home to a variety of wildlife species with over 86 mammal species, 450 bird species and above all host the big 4 mammals of which one mammal species that make up the big five can be encountered at Ziwa Rhino sanctuary which is located along the way in Nakitoma on Gulu high the same route that leads you Murchison Falls national park where you can tour while going or coming back to Kampala.
Highlights of 5 Days Murchison Falls & Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary safari
- Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Ziwa Rhino sanctuary -do Rhino trekking
- Day 2: Morning game drive & Afternoon boat Cruise-Murchison falls NP
- Day 3: Boat cruise, hiking at the bottom of the falls and evening sport fishing
- Day 4: Chimpanzee tracking
- Day 5: Return to Kampala /Entebbe Airport.
Day 1: Kampala –Murchison Falls
- Transfer to Murchison: On the day 1 of the 5 Days Murchison Falls & Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary safari, you will be picked up from Entebbe Airport on you arrive or at Kampala hotel by our driver –guide brief you about the 5 days Uganda Murchison Falls and Ziwa Rhino Safari tour. Then process to Murchison Falls in northwestern region of Uganda, the journey that last 4 to 5 driving hours while using Gulu high away.
- Rhino trekking Experience: You will first visit Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary which is a short driving time to reach there that take 2:30 hour, have early lunch at Amuka lodge. Then after you will be accompanied by the armed ranger to participate in Rhino trekking experience that takes 1 to 2 hours .After Rhino trekking you will drive out and continue your journey to Murchison falls national park using Gulu high way connect to Masindi town ,drive to the main gate check in at gate .Continue to drive through Budongo forest with great viewing of monkeys along road side ,you will reach to the Victoria Nile wait for ferry crossing for you to be able to step on promises of Murchison falls national park. You will drive to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Accommodation Option: Paraa safari Lodge-Luxury, Pakuba safari lodge -Mid-range, and Red chill lodge -Budget
Day 2: Morning Game drive and Delta Boat cruise
- Morning game drive: Wake up early, have breakfast with snacks and after you will drive to the park in northern Delta Nile where you will expect to see variety of wildlife species including buffaloes, waterbuck, lions, Jackson’s hartebeest, Rothschild’s giraffe. Drive back to the lodge for lunch and have restful afternoon.
- Delta Boat Cruise: Later on, you will go for boat cruise on the other of the Nile delta where you will be able to sightsee water species such as crocodiles, hippos, few herds of buffalo, water birds such as the Unique shoe bill stork and others bird species can be spotted along the Nile banks. Back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Boat cruise, hiking at the bottom of the falls and evening sport fishing
- Boat Cruise: You wake up early in the morning have breakfast, go to the Nile have a boat cruise on waters of the Nile, the boat will sail towards the devil cauldron the viewing is rewarding as you will see that bubbling water cracking, you will also be able to see water species like crocodile, hippos, water birds many more. You will reach at the edge of the Nile.
- Hiking at the Bottom of the falls: You will hike up at the bottom of the falls and be able to enjoy the spectacular splashing waterfalls while listening to the sounds of the falls, hiking around, enjoy the photos. Meet the drive there and drive you back to the lodge. Have lunch and restful afternoon as you wait for evening sport fishing.
- Sportfishing: in the evening you will just walk to the Nile with your fishing equipment to experience sport fishing and whatever species of fish you catch, they will prepare it for you at your lodge and enjoy African snack fish. Return to the lodge for campfire dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Chimpanzee trekking in Budongo forest
- Chimpanzee trekking: Wake up very early in the morning have breakfast and snacks, your driver will pick you from your lodge with packed lunch box and you will first cross the Victoria Nile with ferry crossing ,then after board you safari vehicle and drive to Budongo forest for chimpanzee tracking .At the forest its where you will meet the ranger brief you about the chimpanzee trekking rules. After the ranger will lead you to the forest trails of Kaniyo pabidi /Budongo forest to be able to experience this amazing chimpanzee tracking that can take 30min to 7hours tracking. It may take long due to the location of the chimpanzee family. Once you find them you will be given one hour to watch them while learning their lifestyle
as well as enjoying photography. While tracking chimpanzees, you will be able to see other creatures of the wild like colobus monkeys, tree species among others. Drive back to the lodge for refreshment, dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5: Return to Kampala/Entebbe Airport
- Return to Kampala: After morning breakfast and check out, you will first watch those local traditional singers and get excited with their drummer who sits close to the Nile. Then after you will have ferry crossing and drive back to Kampala to be dropped to your hotel or Entebbe Airport to catch up your flight.
End of 5 Days Murchison Falls & Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary safari