5 Days Bwindi and Queen Elizabeth Safari Tour takes travelers to explore mountain gorillas in Bwindi and other wildlife species in Queen. Bwindi Impenetrable National park harbors half of the remaining mountain gorillas in the world. Queen Elizabeth national park is the second largest national park among the ten Uganda national park and the is one of the most visited national park on Uganda wildlife safari this is because of the rare tree climbing lions and being a home of the big fours mammals. 5 Days Uganda Bwindi and Queen Safari offers the best ultimate explore experience on African continent.
Trip Highlight of 5 Days Bwindi and Queen Elizabeth Safari Tour
- Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park.
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking –Bwindi
- Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park & Evening game drive
- Day 4: Game drive and Boat cruise on Kazinga Channel
- Day 5: Return to Kampala/Entebbe Airport
Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National park
- Arrival and Transfer to Bwindi: On the day 1 of the day 5 Days Bwindi and Queen Elizabeth Safari Tour, depending on traveler’s point of location in Kampala or at the Entebbe Airport. You will be picked up by our driver –guide takes you through the 5 days Uganda itinerary. Then after he will transfer you to Bwindi national park in south western region of Uganda. A journey that takes 8 to 9-hour drive, as you will be driving to south western part of Uganda, you will have a stopover at the equator along Masaka road where you will be able to enjoy the photographs from, visit the craft shop. Then proceed driving to Mbarara town to the lunch en route. After lunch you will drive directly while having spectacular viewing of Ankole cattle, tea plantation, rolling hills as you enjoy the winding road. Traveler will be able to trek in Buhoma sector the best trekking area in Bwindi, arrival at the lodge check in ,dinner and overnight stay.
- Accommodation Option Buhoma safari lodge, Bakinga lodge, Buhoma Haven Lodge
Day 2: Gorilla trekking –Bwindi
- Gorilla trekking experience: Wake up have breakfast with packed lunch box, your drive-guide picks up from the lodge and drives you to park headquarters for briefing about Gorilla trekking safari. After meet the ranger to take you through the forest trail heads of Bwindi to trek mountain gorillas, an activity that last 2 to 8 hours depending on the location of gorillas. Once they are being located, trekkers are given one hour to observe you closest cousins in the mist of the forest as learn their lifestyle, behaves, feeding as well as enjoying photography but flash cameras are not allowed to be used in the forest. After trekking, the ranger or a guide will lead you back to the lodge for restful evening, dinner and overnight stay to the same lodge of your first day in Bwindi.
Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth: You wake up have morning aroma coffee tea and delicious snacks, check out of the park and transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park a home to unique tree climbing lions. A journey from Bwindi to Queen Elizabeth can take 4 to 5 hours’ drive to access the park. Proceed the drive to ishasha sector in Queen. You will arrive in afternoon check in, have lunch in ishasha region. After lunch go for evening game drive in ishasha sector a famous sector for tree climbing lions where you will be able to sight see them hanging on fig tree branches and leaves you with unforgettable expedition in life time. Drive back to the lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
- Accommodation Option: Mweya safari lodge –Luxury, Parkview Safari lodge –Mid range, Pumba Safari Cottages -Budget
Day 4: Game drive and Boat cruise on Kazinga Channel
- Game drive: Wake up have breakfast and snacks as you prepare for your morning game drive. After breakfast go for game drive in Kasenyi sector in Queen Elizabeth national park. On your game drive you will be able to spot variety of wildlife species such as African elephants, lions, buffaloes, antelopes, impala, common warthogs, waterbucks, leopards and in the morning hours there is a high chance of seeing hynes going back to their hideouts. Drive back to the lodge relax and have lunch as get ready for the afternoon boat cruise.
- Boat Cruise: Go for boat cruise on the impressive kazinga channel where you will have a chance to see huge numbers of hippos, water birds and other animals on water banks like elephants, buffaloes, crocodiles, antelopes and sincerely speaking boat cruise carried out on kazinga channel is an outstanding experience in life time. Drive back to the lodge for dinner and overnight stay in the same lodge.
Day 5: Return to Kampala /Entebbe Airport
- Return to Kampala /Entebbe: Wake up have breakfast and check out of the lodge, drive back to Kampala a journey that last 5 to 6 hours to reach Kampala but on your way you will have a stopover in Mbarara town for lunch en route, after lunch you visit the Igongo culture center where you will get amazed of Ankole traditional dances many more. Proceed with your journey to be dropped off at your hotel in Kampala or at the Entebbe airport to catch up with your flight.
End of 5 Days Uganda Bwindi and Queen Safari