5 Days Gorilla Habituation & Chimpanzee Trekking Safari
5 Days Gorilla Habituation & Chimpanzee Trekking Safari enables travelers who prefer to spend more time with the world’s famously gentle apes known as endangered mountain gorillas and Chimpanzees. The safari takes you to the south western region of Uganda to Bwindi impenetrable national park in Bwindi’s gorilla habituation sector popularly known as Rushanga sector where tourists can be able to engage in gorilla habituation experience and get a chance to spend four hours with mountain gorillas as compared to one-hour gorilla trekking experience. After adventuring in Bwindi gorilla habituation ,you will check out of the park and then transfer to Kibale Forest National Park to have another whole day chimpanzee Trekking experience. Visit Uganda’s primate’s safari and enjoy these two amazing memorable explore to the pearl of Africa.
Highlights of the 5 Days Gorilla Habituation & Chimpanzee Trekking Safari
- Day 1: Pick up from Entebbe Airport or hotel to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Day 2: Gorilla habituation Experience
- Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi National Park
- Day 4: Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale Forest National park
- Day 5: Return to Entebbe International Airport.
Day 1: Pick up from Entebbe to Bwindi
- Transfer to Bwindi: On your day 1 of the 5 days Bwindi Gorilla habituation and Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking Safari, our driver or guide will pick you up at Entebbe Airport on your arrival to Uganda, transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park, on your way you will have a stopover at the Equator have an experience of South to North temperature, enjoy photography around. After proceed driving to Mbarara town for lunch en route, this journey from Kampala to Bwindi it takes 9 to 10 hours drives. You will then proceed to the southern side of the Bwindi national park because this the right gorilla sector ‘’Rushanga’’ to experience in gorilla habituation experience once in a lifetime. You will arrive in the Rushanga region to your lodge in the late afternoon for dinner and Overnight.
- Accommodation Option: Rushanga safari lodge, Nkuringo Gorilla Camp
Day 2: Bwindi Gorilla habituation experience
- Gorilla habituation experience: You wake up very early in the morning with delicious snacks, the driver picks you up from you’re lodging with your packed lunch and drives you to park headquarter for briefing. After begin your trek to habituated gorilla family into Bwindi joined by the researchers and guides. As you trek for gorillas/gorilla habituation experience, you may encounter a variety of birds, primates such as white and black monkeys, Red tailed, colobus monkeys among others. Once you locate the gorilla you will have an opportunity to listen and researchers doing their work of habituating gorillas which are known as participate by collecting samples of this apes, naming of group members many more. This is an activity where tourists can be given 4 hours observing these mountain gorillas in their nature habits. Back to the lodge for relaxation, dinner and overnight stay.
- Accommodation Option: Rushanga safari lodge, Nkuringo Gorilla Camp.
Day 3: Transfer to Kibale National Pak
- Transfer to Kibale: You wake up early in the morning, have breakfast in Bwindi National park check out of the park, drive to Kibale national park on your 5 Days Gorilla Habituation & Chimpanzee Trekking Safari, you will have a stopover and have lunch en route. Arrive at the park check-in and also have dinner and overnight stay and from Bwindi is a journey that takes 6 to 7 driving hours
- Accommodation Option: Primates lodge, Dali Lodge, and Kyaninga Lodge
Day 4: Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale National park
- Chimpanzee trekking: Wake up every early in the morning have coffee tea and delicious snacks, your drive –guide picks you from your lodge with lunch box, transfers you to kibale headquarter for briefing about the rules of Chimpanzee trekking experience. After meeting the ranger to start your trek in kibale forest which harbors with a number of 1500 individual chimpanzees and also have a chance to see the other 12 primate species in the forest. This is an activity where you’re given one hour to spend with gorillas in the midst of the forest, which can last 2 to 7 hours trekking depending on their location. Once they are found you will learn about their lifestyle, behaviors as well as photography. After trekking return to the lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5: Return to Kampala/Entebbe Airport
- Return to Kampala/Entebbe: Wake up have morning breakfast at the lodge and check out, drive back to Kampala to a journey that takes 5 to 6 hours or Entebbe Airport depending on your departure flight details. You will a stopover in Mbarara town to have lunch en route.
End of the 5 Days Gorilla Habituation & Chimpanzee Trekking Safari