5 Days Lake Mburo & Queen Elizabeth Safari
5 Days Lake Mburo & Queen Elizabeth Safari is an amazing wildlife safari tour that a traveler can engage in when they need to experience the best wildlife tour. This 5 days Lake Mburo and Queen Elizabeth Safaris take you through to south western region of Uganda to explore the wildlife species in these two protected national park. Lake Mburo national park is the smallest among the Uganda national park located close to the capital city of Uganda, this is a journey which can take 2 to 3 driving hours to access the park. Queen Elizabeth national park is the second largest national park in Uganda and is home of the big four mammals plus other wide range of wild animals ,this is the park which is most visited on Uganda wildlife safaris and this is because of the rare tree-climbing lions which attracts number of travelers to come to Uganda basically to visit this park and be rewarded with great adventure experience to pearl of Africa.
Highlights of the 5 days Lake Mburo & Queen Elizabeth Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Lake Mburo
- Day 2: Morning Game drive/Transfer to Queen Elizabeth
- Day 3: Morning Game drive and Boat Cruise
- Day 4: Explore Ishasha-Queen Elizabeth National park
- Day 5: Return to Kampala/Entebbe Airport
Day 1: Transfer to Lake Mburo
- Transfer to Lake Mburo: Depending on visitor’s point of location, our driver or guide will pick up from wherever you will be, take you through a short briefing about the 5 Days Lake Mburo and Queen Elizabeth Safari in the south western part of Uganda. After the briefing, you will set off the journey while transferring to Lake Mburo national park and while driving to lake Mburo you will have a chance to stopover at the equator where you will be able to enjoy the equator experiment as well as taking their photos. Then proceed to Lake Mburo national park for the next activity. Arrive at the park at around mid-day, check in to the lodge and have lunch.
- Boat cruise: After lunch, go for a boat cruise on impressive Lake Mburo from which the park got its name ‘’Lake Mburo’’ You will sail on water vessel and be able to view water animals such as crocodile, hippos, water birds and also animals linking for water along the banks of Lake Mburo. Drive back to the lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
- Accommodation Option, Rwakobo Rock-Mid range, Mihingo Lodge-Luxury
Day 2: Game Drive Experience
- Game drive Experience: You wake up early in the morning have to breakfast, your driver –ranger drives you to the park for game drive experience where you can be able to view wild range of mammals such as antelopes, zebras, buffaloes many more. After Lunch drive back to the lodge have lunch and check out of the lodge.
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park and arrive in the late afternoon for refreshment, dinner and overnight.
- Accommodation Options Enganzi game lodge –Mid-range, Mweya Safari Lodge-Luxury
Day 3: Game drive and afternoon Launch cruise
- Game drive: You wake up early in the morning, have breakfast, go for game drive lead by the ranger in mweya peninsular to explore a wide range of wildlife species such as lions, elephants, buffaloes, waterbucks, warthogs, giant forest hogs, hippos, leopards in the scrubby thickets, mongoose, Hyenas going back to its hideout, view beautiful butterflies around the forests many more. After the game drive, drive back to the lodge for lunch as you wait for an afternoon boat cruise at 2 pm along a stunning kazinga channel which concentrates with a huge number of hippos in Africa. After you will go for a launch cruise on an impressive kazinga channel where you will be able to view a high number of hippos in Africa, different bird species, crocodiles. Return to the lodge for dinner and overstay in your first staying Option at Queen.
Day 4: Ishasha Game viewing –Queen and visit the coffee plantation
- Ishasha Game viewing: You wake up, have breakfast and snacks, driver to ishasha sector on game viewing a home to unique tree-climbing lions and have an opportunity of viewing the unique tree-climbing lions lying on fig tree branches during mid-morning hours. You can as well spot herds of antelopes around here in this sector. After game viewing return to the lodge have lunch.
- Coffee Plantation visit: After lunch go visit the coffee plantation and have a taste of aroma African coffee, meet the local people and interact with them. After drive back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Return to Kampala /Entebbe Airport
- Return to Kampala: After morning breakfast, check out of the lodge and return to Kampala and on your way to Kampala to a journey that lasts 5 to 6 from Queen to the main city. Along your way, you will have a stopover at Igongo culture in Mbarara town visit the Ankole culture heritage and also visit the museum. Have lunch at the Igongo cultural center. Then proceed to Kampala and you will arrive in the late afternoon to be dropped off at your hotel in Kampala or Entebbe Airport for your flight.